Terms & Conditions
Please Note: by placing this order with Sylvana Ltd, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by our terms and conditions. Sylvana Ltd will never pass on your personal details to any third parties. We will not distribute customer information for any purpose other than what is required to process your order.
1. In these terms “The Company” means “Sylvana Publishing”. “The Customer” means the party at whose request or on whose behalf the Company undertakes to supply any goods or provide any service. “The Website” means the Sylvana Publishing website. The Website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. The access and use of the Website featuring these Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect from when you first use the Website.
2. In no event shall the Company or its employees, agents, suppliers, or contractors be liable for any damages of any kind or character, including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if Sylvana Publishing has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website or any Website with which it is linked.
3. All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Sylvana Publishing or its content suppliers and protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. It is your responsibility to obtain permission from the copyright holders or their agent before a reproduction of works or any other content is made,or this will constitute an infringement of copyright.
4. All items purchased from Sylvana Publishing are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
5. All rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage or retrieval systems, without permission in writing from Sylvana Publishing, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review.
6. Any date given by the company for the supply of goods or provision of service shall be approximate time only. No supply of goods or provision of services shall be overdue after such date until the customer has made a written request to the company, and has given the company reasonable time to comply.
7. Any damage in transit must be reported to the company in writing within three days of receipt of the goods, and any shortages or damage clearly marked on the carrier’s or driver’s delivery note.
8. No responsibility is accepted by the company for any loss, or damage, or expense, whatsoever, arising from any failure or delay to or provide goods or services to the customer.
9. Should the company be unable to supply specific goods quoted, for reasons beyond its control, the company reserves the right to either cancel the contract or, with the customer’s consent, supply alternative products of equal or better quality or specification.
10. The customer shall make payment for the goods or services including VAT due thereon, pursuant to these terms and conditions within the period specified by the company. If payment terms have not been specified prior to delivery of the goods or provision of services, full payment shall become due upon delivery of the goods or provision of services. The company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue payments from the date due, at borrowing rates then current, but not less than 3% above the company’s bankers base rate from time to time in force.
11. The company shall have a lien on all undelivered goods, which the customer agrees to buy from the company, for all monies due from the customer to the company under this or any other contract between them.
12. The company can cancel this contract (without prejudice to their other rights and remedies) should the customer refuse or fail to accept the delivery of the goods or if the customer becomes insolvent.
13. The company shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under the contract if such failure or delay is due to an Act of God, riots and commotion, fire, industrial dispute, or any such like circumstances beyond its control.
14. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions of sale or any part, thereof, shall be declared invalid or unenforceable all other provisions or any parts thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
15. Prices quoted by the company shall be fixed for the acceptance and delivery of the goods to the customer within a period of 30 days from the date of quotation. Beyond this time the company reserves the right to charge a price of ruling at the date of dispatch.
16. The provisions of these terms and conditions of sale and any dispute or litigation arising there from shall be construed in accordance with or governed by English law.
17. All goods supplied by the company remain the property of the company until full payment is received. The risk in the goods passes to the customer upon delivery. If the customer shall sell the goods in such a manner as to pass to a third party valid title to the goods, this customer shall hold the proceeds of such sale in trust for the company. In default the company reserves right of entry to the customers premises to reclaim goods.
18. No order shall be subject to any other conditions and these terms and conditions of sale may only be varied in writing, and signed by the company and customer.
19. We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions without notice. It is up to you to regularly review the Terms and Conditions in case there are any changes. Continued use of Sylvana Publishing after a change has been made is your acceptance of the change.
20. The copying and use of the Sylvana Publishing website, logos and/or any other third party logos accessed via Sylvana Publishing are not permitted without prior approval from the copyright owner. Request for permission to use the Sylvana Publishing logo, should be directed here.
21. You are not entitled (nor will you assist others) to set up links from your own websites to Sylvana Publishing (whether by hypertext linking, deep-linking, framing, tagging or otherwise) without our prior written consent, which consent we may at our absolute discretion, and without providing a reason, grant or with hold.We will not distribute customer information for any purpose other than what is required to process your order.
22. The names, images and logos identifying Sylvana Ltd, third parties and their information, products and services are proprietary marks of Sylvana Publishing and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any license or right under any trademark or patent of Sylvana Publishing or any other third party.
23. To apply for a license or further information please contact us.